Lappeenranta University of Technology in Finland is currently offering a series of University Scholarships for Masters Students from Non-EU/EEA countries in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Scholarships are offered for students with a non-EU/EEA nationality (excluding the Swiss students), who are applying through Regular Admission to Master’s Programme/s at LUT University (taught in English) and who are required to pay a tuition fee.
Partner University Scholarship Programme at LUT University: Scholarships are offered for students from the partner universities with a nationality of a non-EU/EEA country (excluding Switzerland), who are applying through Double Degree Admission or Trilateral/Joint Degree Admission to a Master’s Programme at LUT University (taught in English) and who are required to pay a tuition fee.
LUT University is a pioneering science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science and business since 1969. LUT international community is composed of approximately 6,000 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education. Clean energy and water, circular economy and sustainable business are the key questions of humankind to which LUT seeks solutions through technology and business.
Worth of Award
Three Different Categories for University Scholarships for Masters Students:
- 50% Tuition Fee Scholarship: Covering for 50% of the tuition fees
- 100% Tuition Fee Scholarship: Covering for 100% of the tuition fees
- Full Scholarship: Covering for 100% of the tuition fees in a 2-year Master’s Programme plus, the living costs for EUR 5 600,00 per year
NOTE: All the Programmes are not offering Full Scholarships.
- No scholarships offered for the first academic year in Biorefineries and Industrial Design Engineering
- Other than the citizenship being a non-EU/EEA one, there is no specific criteria for being eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- When required to pay a tuition fee, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship when applying through Regular Admission / Double Degree Admission / Joint Degree Admission.
- A limited number of scholarships for each programme* will be granted in the order of the highest points achieved in the academic evaluation during the admission process.
- Preliminary statements about chances on possibly being granted with a scholarship or not unfortunately, cannot be given as it all depends on the other applicants as well.
- The scholarship is awarded for the 1st academic year with an option for the 2nd academic year, if successfully completing your studies as expected on the first year.
How to Apply
- You will apply for University Scholarships for Masters Students in general, not for a scholarship in a certain category.
- No additional documents for applying for the scholarship are required/considered.
- When required to pay a tuition fee, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship when applying through Regular Admission / Double Degree Admission / Trilateral/Joint Degree Admission.
- You will apply for a scholarship on the same application form when applying for the Master’s Programme.
Deadline: The application period for all Master’s programmes has started and deadline will be announced.