Abo Akademi University in Finland is offering scholarships to international fee- paying students for masters programmes in 2019.
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on
- the academic performance of the student in his/her previous studies,
- how well the applicant meets the programme requirements
- the answers the applicants have given in the application form
The University currently offers 7 different programmes in a number of different fields. They are known for good teacher-student relations, small groups and good possibilities to get individual support within the studies.
The scholarships are awarded for two years. However, the second year is conditional depending on the progress of the studies. In order to qualify for the scholarship in the second year, a scholarship holder must earn at least 55 credits during the first academic year (the progress of the studies is checked at the end of May).
In addition to the scholarships, there will also be a chance to apply for a scholarship for the second year. This opportunity is open for all those students who have paid their fees during the first year or who have received a tuition fee scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee in the first year. The requirement to receive this scholarship is excellent study records (GPA over 4), 55 earned credits during the first academic year and a good motivation to continue the studies.
Worth of Award
There are three scholarship categories:
- Full Scholarship, covering the tuition fee and includes an annual scholarship to cover the student’s living expenses (6 720 €), awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 100 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 50 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- fee-paying or international students are eligible to apply
You are an eligible applicant for Masters-level studies if
- you meet the academic requirements, i.e. you have a nationally recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education,
- you meet the language requirements
- you meet the programme specific requirements; i.e. your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- If you are graduating after the application deadline, you may apply on the condition that the required application documents are submitted and arrive at Åbo Akademi by 31 July 2019 at 3:00 pm (Helsinki time).
- If you are required to take the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic test in order to meet the language requirements (most applicants have to take one of these tests), please sign up for the test immediately.
Deadline: Application is open till January 31, 2019.