Applications are now open for scholarships for applicants who may want to study in Macquarie University Australia for either Postgraduate or Undergraduate programmes in the 2014/15 academic session under the Macquarie University International Scholarship programme.
Macquarie University International Scholarship is a Full Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. MUIS full scholarships are NOT available for the following courses: Master of Business Administration, Master of Management, Master of Applied Finance, Master of Advanced Surgery, Master of Surgery, and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
Worth of Awards
- The MUIS is available across most courses to cover a range of full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
- The MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
- Annual renewal of the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance in the Macquarie University degree program.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 92 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
- please note that due to an increase in the popularity of the MUIS the GPA requirements have increased to minimum 3.7 for Postgraduate and ATAR 92 for Undergraduate
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must complete anonline MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- MUIS Undergraduate
- MUIS Postgraduate
- To apply for the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report and applicants must also provide a ‘Statement of Purpose’ of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community.
- IMPORTANT: The ‘Statement of Purpose’ must be submitted as a Word or PDF document and has a file size limit of 256KB. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Deadline: For session 1, 2014, the application deadline for admission is October 1, 2013 while for the MUIS Application October 31, 2013.