The University of Copenhagen in Denmark is inviting applications in the Department of BioComplexity, Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science for a 1 PhD position in quantitative and conceptual modelling of biological systems in 2019.
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department
Worth of Award
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 322,642 (approx. €43,015) including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 44,567). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Physics, Complex systems, Computational Biology or a related field by the start of the position, with good results and good English skills.
- As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
Deadline: Application closes May 5, 2019, 23:59 GMT +1.