The Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) is inviting applications for the Ernst Mach Grants for undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Ernst Mach Grant programme is named after the famous Austrian physicist and philosopher Ernst Mach (1838-1916). The grant programme is financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF). Students and young researchers from foreign universities are invited to apply for this grant to come to Austria for a research or a study stay.
The OeAD is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research and administers these grants on behalf of The Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF): The following programmes are now open for applications by students, graduates, postgraduates and postdocs:
- Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences: This programme is aimed at students from non-European universities who wish to spend a semester or two at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences (‘Fachhochschule’).
Worth of Award
- Monthly grant rate EUR 1,050
- Accommodation, insurance
- It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
- · monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
- · monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences:
Eligible for application are students who
- a) are studying a Master Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin or
- b) are studying a Bachelor Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin and have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant.
- Maximum age: 35 years (born on or after October 1st, 1983).
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- A grant can only be consumed once in the frame of this programme.
- Language skills: Very good knowledge of English and/or German
How to Apply
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application:
• Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
• Confirmation of the home university that the exams passed in Austria will be recognized by the home university (e.g. a learning agreement).
• Confirmation of acceptance as an exchange student or free mover from the University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule).
• Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo).
• Scan of a current Transcript of Records.
Deadline: Application closes by March 1, 2021, Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) respectively.