The University of Warwick in the UK is inviting applications for the Feuer International Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence, a ground-breaking international PhD Scholarship for innovative times, for studies commencing in 2019.
The Feuer International Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence are prestigious and highly competitive MPhil/PhD scholarships. Funded by successful Warwick alumnus Jonathan Feuer, they were established to create a group of extremely talented, academically brilliant, world-leading young researchers who will go on to have careers in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
If you are awarded a Feuer PhD Scholarship, you will have the chance to work alongside Warwick’s top researchers, who are some of the world’s sharpest minds and hold fellowships at the Alan Turing Institute in London. You will have access to industry partners, mentoring and potential investment opportunities.
Warwick is a leader in Artificial Intelligence and Big Data research, with academics working on AI at Warwick Business School, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Warwick Medical School and the Faculties of Science and Social Sciences. This work thrives on the foundations of their expertise in computer sciences, statistics and mathematics, which adds value to interdisciplinary projects.
Warwick was the first university to offer an undergraduate Data Science degree in the UK. They have links with business and government and their core Computer Science degree has applications to digital forensics, social media analytics and the design of autonomous vehicles.
Worth of Award
The Feuer International Scholarships in AI offer a generous funding package which includes;
- Full MPhil/PhD tuition fees for 3 years (home/EU or overseas)
- Stipend at RCUK rate plus a top up of £2,000 per annum (£14,777 + £2,000 in 2018/19)
- Support for travel, equipment and research
- Applications are welcomed from outstanding PhD applicants, and the Feuer International Artificial Intelligence scholarships are open to home, EU and international applicants.
- We are looking for students with aspiration as well as intellectual aptitude. You should possess an innovative approach to problem-solving, well developed technical skills, a willingness to work in a cross-disciplinary training and research setting.
- It is important that you are open to learning new skills, which might be outside the field of your undergraduate and/or Masters degree. You should have, or be about to graduate with a first class BSc Honours degree or international equivalent. Ideally, you will also possess, or be about to be awarded a Master’s level degree.
- Up to three full MPhil/PhD scholarships are available for October 2019 entry. The application process will be repeated for one further intake in October 2020.
How to Apply
The application process is in five stages:
- Stage 1. Submit an Expression of Interest via the online application form. You will need to provide a CV and supporting statement (of no more than 1000 words) which can be uploaded to support the application. IMPORTANT: Please ensure that the supporting statement indicates how your background and interests align with the field of Artificial Intelligence, and which areas of Artificial Intelligence you are most interested in pursuing.
- Stage 2. After they have reviewed the stage 1 application submission, you may be invited to submit a full MPhil/PhD application. This will be online via the main Warwick postgraduate application portal.
- Stage 3. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a scholarship interview with the Department and the donor, Jonathan Feuer. This interview may be over video link if you are based overseas.
- Stage 4. If you are offered the scholarship, you will need to accept your scholarship and your place at Warwick, and successfully complete the enrolment process.
- Stage 5. In October 2019, up to three successful applicants will enrol and start their Feuer International Scholarship in AI.
Deadline: Applications close January 31, 2019.