The Bournemouth University UK is offering the Sophie Drozdzik Memorial Scholarship for undergraduate students in the 2019/2020 academic session.
This scholarship is available to students studying a creative subject at the Warwickshire College Group and who show academic achievement and evidence a commitment to helping others – be that at home, in the community or at college, to provide a tribute and legacy to Sophie.
Worth of Award
- Sophie Drozdzik Memorial Scholarship awards is £2,000.
- It is paid during the first year of successful applicant’s degree (Level C).
- Any applicant domiciled in the UK applying for a full-time undergraduate course at BU, studying a creative subject at one of the seven colleges within the Warwickshire College Group
- The applicant must achieve ABB or above at A-level, or DDM or above at BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (or equivalent)
- Applicants for one year Top-up courses are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants for courses offered through partner colleges are not eligible for this scholarship
- You will still be eligible to apply for this scholarship even if you’ve been awarded one of the following BU scholarships – Music, Sport or Academic Excellence.
- However, this scholarship will be awarded in place of the Academic Excellence Scholarship (you will receive this £2,000 award instead of the £1,000 Academic Excellence Scholarship).
Applicants must have achieved the academic requirements by 31 August 2019, with an offer status of an unconditional firm (UF).
The eligibility criteria will be taken into account and your personal statement will be considered, in particular we look for the following:
- A clear rationale as to why you believe you deserve the extra recognition for your academic achievement
- How the scholarship will be beneficial to your student experience
- Evidence of a wider contribution that you have made to your college, local community or at home and the positive impact this has made on others
Deadline: This application closes on August 31, 2019