PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships for studies in the United Kingdom and France (Grenoble INP) and upgraded Universities in Nigeria for the 2013/2014 session. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only on subject areas listed below.
Their mission is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad. They have a vision to serve not only as a vessel for the development of indigenous manpower and technology transfer/acquisition in the petroleum industry but also to make Nigeria a human resource centre for the West African sub-region.
Please note that undergraduate applicants must be in their 2nd year in any of the under listed Nigerian Universities, while the possession of a valid university admission letter is compulsory for all PhD applicants. The universities include:
- African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
- Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
- University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
- University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
- University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
- University of Jos- Mining & Geology
- University of Maiduguri – Geology
- Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
- Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
- University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
- Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
- Under Graduate (Nigeria Only)
- Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
- Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
- Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
- Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
- Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
- Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
- Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
- Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
- Test of English language as a foreign language (TOEFL)
- G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
- GMAT -for Management related courses
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline;
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
- Applicants must include their masters degree project
How to Apply
- Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
- Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Masterâ€™s, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full time) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, the best qualified candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
- Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants)
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website; and
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
Deadline: Closing date for applications is 26 March 2013.
For more information, click here