The Federation University Australia is currently accepting applications for the International Excellence Scholarship in the 2019/20 session.
Federation University Australia (FedUni) is a modern, progressive university providing high-quality vocational and higher education across a national and international network of campuses. The university has a distinguished history as the University of Ballarat, one of Australia’s oldest higher education institutions. It became Federation University Australia in January 2014 upon amalgamation with Monash University’s Gippsland Campus.
FedUni equips students with the necessary knowledge, skills and aptitude for further study, the world of work and to be effective global citizens. They have an outstanding record for teacher quality and graduate employment, with a five-star rating from the Australian Good Universities Guide for Student Support, Social Equity and Skills Development. Flexible study options make accessing their courses more convenient for those who wish to combine work and study commitments.
Worth of Award
The International Excellence scholarships are equivalent to 20% of your tuition fees.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be:
- A prospective international student
- Eligible to study in Australia with a student visa
- Not have accepted, or be in receipt of, any other FedUni scholarship or bursary, or any other reduced fee arrangements at the time of entry to the University (with the exception of Federation University Accommodation Scholarships)
- Not be in receipt of credit transfers or exemptions
- Meet minimum academic English entry requirement and offered with no more than 10 weeks English pathway program (e.g. academic IELTS overall 5.5 with no band less than 5.5 for general programs);
- Meet the following academic performance requirements:
- Undergraduate degree program – overall academic performance with ‘Distinction’ in Year 12 (senior high school).
- Postgraduate degree program – overall academic performance with ‘Credit’ in bachelor degree study from HE Section 1 University
- Eligible programsTo be eligible for a scholarship you must be enrolling in an eligible degree program. This is a program which is:
- Delivered on campus at Federation University Australia
- Registered on CRICOS
- Delivered by coursework.
How to Apply
- Students will be automatically assessed for scholarships when applying for an eligible on-campus program at Federation University Australia.
- There is no need for a separate application. Students must commence their eligible program in semester 1 or semester 2, 2019.
Deadline: Many international students will be required to complete a pre-visa screening assessment as a condition of their offer. The cutoff date to begin the Pre-visa screening assessment is four weeks before the semester commencement date. All pre-visa screening documents must be provided by:
- Ballarat, Berwick, and Gippsland Semester 1 intake: 04 February 2019
Please note that pre-visa screening can take some time, so it is important to provide your forms and documents as early as possible.