The University of Tasmania in Australia is inviting applications for a PhD research in the Centre for Forest Value Projects: Environmental and Resource Economics in 2019.
The Research Project
- Three PhD opportunities are available in the area of environmental and resource economics focussed in the forestry sector. The projects form part of the broader programme funded by the Tasmanian State Government to improve forestry-related socio-economic data to facilitate policy analysis in environmental decision making within the Forest Practices System. These research opportunities would suit environmental or resource economists or biological scientists/ecologists with a demonstrated capacity to work across disciplines.
- The Forest Practices Authority (FPA) is the independent statutory authority responsible for forestry regulation on Crown and private lands. The aim is to further develop strategic economic and related social advice to the FPA to augment existing environmental advisory services and consider economic and related social data.
- The projects will be supervised across the ARC Centre for Forest Value, the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) and The Forest Practices Authority (FPA).
Worth of Award
The projects will include an AUD$27,082pa (2018 rate) living allowance scholarship for three years, co-founded by The Forest Practices Authority (FPA).
The following eligibility criteria apply to this project:
- The scholarship is open to domestic (Australian and New Zealand) and international candidates
- The degree must be undertaken on a full-time basis
- Applicants must already have been awarded a bachelor degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills
How to Apply
Candidates from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please contact the below staff for more information:
- Dr. Dugald Tinch – TSBE ([email protected])
- Professor Mark Hunt – ARC Centre for Forest Value ([email protected])
- Dr. Peter Volker – FPA ([email protected])
Deadline: Applications close December 31, 2018.