The University of Tasmania in Australia is offering The Cuthbertson Elite Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship to PhD Candidates. The Scholarship will be awarded as a Top-up Scholarship for eligible PhD candidates already holding a Research Training Program (RTP) stipend or equivalent to a base living allowance stipend.
This is a donation provided by the late Sir Harold Cuthbertson and Lady Cuthbertson to the University of Tasmania Foundation, together with any future donations and accrued interest, (the Fund) forms the endowment of a scholarship known as the Cuthbertson Elite Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship
The Scholarship may only be awarded to an eligible Higher Degree by Research student studying at the University of Tasmania in the discipline of Agriculture, Horticulture, Silviculture or Aquaculture.
Worth of Award
This scholarship provides $10,000pa for 3 years, with a possible 6-month extension.
The following eligibility criteria apply to this scholarship:
- For an eligible Higher Degree by Research student in the discipline of Agriculture, Horticulture, Silviculture or Aquaculture;
- For a PhD candidate and is an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- For a PhD candidate already holding Research Training Program (RTP) stipend or equivalent to a base living allowance stipend;
- Completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and have achieved First Class honours or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Only available to those who will be undertaking a full-time PhD program at the University of Tasmania;
- Not have been awarded a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature/scholarship;
- Selection will be made based on academic merit as well as personal qualities and achievements that are relevant to the applicant making a significant contribution to society.
The following selection criteria apply to this scholarship:
- Demonstrated strong research and analytical skills as evidenced by:
- Evidence of academic excellence (including academic transcript);
- Evidence of research capability (including publications, presentations and non-traditional research outputs);
- Awards, prizes and grants;
- If a current candidate, key research project milestones achieved during candidature
How to Apply
- Please review the Conditions of Award (PDF, 67.4Kb) prior to applying.
- Applicants who wish to commence a Higher Degree by Research should visit the University of Tasmania’s Apply Now website and complete an application.
- Please indicate under Scholarship Support that you wish to be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) living allowance scholarship, as well as the Cuthbertson Elite Tasmania Research Scholarship.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania should contact [email protected] for guidance on how to apply.
Deadline: Applications close February 28, 2019.