Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program is open to outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China for the 2019/2022 academic year.
In order to deepen the education cooperation with the“Belt and Road”countries and to cultivate professionals for these countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up the “Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program” since 2017. This scholarship program is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
Applicants can apply from November 20, 2018 to March 10, 2019. All written application materials should be submitted to School of International Education (hereinafter referred to as SIE), Tianjin University before March 10, 2019.
Worth of Award
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
2,500 RMB/month for Bachelor students;
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road, and be in good health; (Name list of the countries, please refer to: https://eng.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/info/iList.jsp?cat_id=10076）
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- Applicant applying for a Bachelor degree should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 25 ;
- Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
- Applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following application materials (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Program (one original & one copy)
Please complete the online application procedures at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English, and print hard copies with photos of you.
Please note that: The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;
Choose Program Category Type B.
2. Original Notarized certificate of the Highest Diploma
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English（one original & one copy）;
3. Original Notarized certificate of the Academic Transcripts:
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English（one original & one copy）;
4. A Study or Research Plan (For Master & PhD Applicants)
All applicants must submit a study or research plan for the study in China, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.;
5. Two Recommendation Letters (For Master & PhD Applicants)
Applicant applying for a Master degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopy of Passport;
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Applicant should fill the form in English and submit the copy (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to complete the physical examination as the examination reports have 6-month validity;
8. Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor (For Master & PhD Applicants)
Applicant should contact the TJU professors to finish the acceptance form;
（Not necessary to provide. If you cannot get an acceptance on your own, admission office of TJU will deliver application materials to the college to find a supervisor for you.）
9. Language Proficiency Certificate: The applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. Applicant who has not met the requirement of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese Government Scholarship), and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate;
Applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit English proficiency certificate (TOFEL, IELTS, or English Instruction Certificate). TOFEL: no less than 550, New TOFEL: no less than 75, IELTS: no less than 6.0;
10. Self-introduction Video: Applicant needs to submit a 5-minute self-introduction video in Chinese or English (recorded in a USB);
11. Applicant for art studies is required to submit two sketches of the applicant’s own works.
Deadline: applications close March 10, 2019