The Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies in the USA is offering the Yale F&ES Posse Foundation Scholarship program in 2022.
The Posse Foundation is one of the most comprehensive and renowned college access and youth development programs in the US. Founded in 1989, Posse identifies public high school students with extraordinary academic and leadership potential who may be overlooked in the traditional college selection process. Posse extends to these students the opportunity to pursue personal and academic excellence by placing them in supportive, multicultural teams – Posses – of 10 students.
Yale F&ES has a deep commitment to training future leaders who, upon graduation, will be equipped to help solve some of the world’s toughest environmental problems. Essential in working towards that commitment is attracting a student body that embodies diverse perspectives, backgrounds and interests.
Worth of Award
- Yale F&ES will offer one full-tuition scholarship a year to the top incoming Posse Scholar enrolling in an F&ES Masters program.
- In addition to the full-tuition award for the top Posse applicant each year, additional Posse applicants who successfully gain admission to Yale F&ES will be eligible to be considered for significant financial need- and merit-based scholarships.
- Yale F&ES will waive the application fee for all Posse Scholars.
- All applicants wishing to be considered for the Posse Foundation Scholarship program must either be a current or previous Posse Scholar.
- Applicants must indicate their Posse status on the application for admission due on December 15 of each year.
- Applicants must also submit the Yale F&ES financial aid application and any other required forms by the February 15 financial aid deadline in order to be considered for the Scholarship.
- Complete applications consist of the application form, three letters of recommendation, personal statement, resume, transcripts from all postsecondary institutions, GRE exam scores, and a virtual interview.
- Applications are reviewed holistically, and academic achievement/potential and commitment to the environment as demonstrated through internships, research and professional experience are considered equally.
- Current or former Posse Scholars entering the Master of Environmental Management, Master of Forestry, Master of Environmental Science, and Master of Forest Science programs are eligible. Since the PhD program is fully funded for all students, it is therefore not eligible for the Posse Scholarship program.)
How to Apply
- Application files completed by the priority deadline are guaranteed to receive a review by the Admissions Committee.
NOTE: All materials must be uploaded to the electronic application. Extra materials will not be included in your application file. Materials become the property of Yale F&ES and will not be returned to applicants or enrolling students.
Deadline: The Priority Application Deadline is December 15, 2021