Applications for the Dell Technologies Graduation Project Competition for Students in Africa, Turkey, and the Middle East in 2023 are currently open.
The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT. They also get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
If you are a senior student who is working on your graduation project in the Agriculture, Sustainability, Education, Healthcare, and Well being sectors, you are welcome to join this very exciting ride!
The targeted topics: AI, IoT, Information Security, and 5G.
Worth of Award
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- All the teams will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
- A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell EMC events in the region.
- All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony. They will be invited along with senior officials from their university/college.
To be considered eligible, students
- should have a faculty member as their supervisor.
- should be non-governmental employees and full-time university students.
- who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any academic Institution in the Middle East, Africa and Turkey.
- should be listed only in one project.
- The authenticity of the information provided by the students should be validated by the head of his/her department or his/her faculty advisor.
- All communication between Dell Technologies and the project team will be done through the project academic advisor and the designated team leader.
- Each competing team should consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 members. One of the team members should be selected as a team leader with the following responsibilities.
How to Apply
Participating teams should submit their Projects Abstracts containing the following information:
- Question 1: What is the main problem that you are solving? Why did you choose it?
- Question 2: Give a brief overview of the current solutions that you found in your literature survey.
- Question 3: Describe how your proposed solution will be used and operated in a real-life environment.
- Question 4: Describe the high-Level architecture and the main software and hardware components of your system. (You can use block diagrams)
It should also contain the following:
- Question 5: What are the technology platforms that you intend to use in building your system, such as operating systems, programming languages, back-end/front-end stacks, AI models, etc.?
- Question 6: Compared to the existing solutions that you have read about, what are the new ideas that you intend to develop and include in your solution?
- Question 7: Describe your team’s system development methodology and quality assurance process.
- Question 8: Give your initial project management plans, especially: the distribution of responsibilities and tasks, milestone schedule, training plan, risk management, contingency plans, and change control procedures.
Deadline: Applications for the Dell Technologies Graduation Project close December 15th, 2023.