The School of Journalism and Communication at Tsinghua University offers a master of Arts degree in global business journalism, which seeks to train future journalists who can help the public understand the complexities of global business and the economy.
The two-year program, a partnership between Tsinghua, the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) and Bloomberg News, is fully taught in English.
With China playing a key role in the global economy, there is a soaring demand for trained professionals who can understand the exciting, complicated development of the world’s fastest-growing economy and can explain it clearly and in-depth to audiences in China and around the world.
Tsinghua University’s Master of Arts degree in Global Business Journalism is designed to meet that growing need. The program offers international students the opportunity to master the fine points of business, finance and economics in China. All courses are taught in English – the international language of business – by internationally renowned scholars and accomplished journalists with extensive global experience. The program’s facilities rival those of other leading journalism schools worldwide. The news lab has the largest number of Bloomberg terminals sponsored by the company of any college in the world.
A limited number of scholarships are available to top applicants. Those interested in applying for a scholarship are encouraged to apply early.
Worth of Award
You can apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship. This is a full scholarship which covers
- -tuition waiver;
- -medical insurance
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in related fields and a certificate proving English proficiency.
How to Apply
The application is online through their website. The following documents should be made ready:
- Personal statement.
- Degree certificate. Master’s degree program applicants should submit a bachelor’s degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates. Those who have not graduated yet must provide a proof of education in the current academic institution.
- Academic transcript. Master’s degree program applicants should submit an academic transcript of undergraduate study.
- Two online academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow system instructions for submission of online recommendation letters.
- For non-English-speaking students, please provide English level certificates. e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport).
Deadline: The deadline for the first round of applications is Jan. 15, 2019. The deadline for the second round is March 20, 2019. Please note that for applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship or other scholarships, applications should be submitted before December 31, 2018.