The International Labour Organisation (ILO) Youth Employment Programme calls on photographers aged 18 and above to send in entries for the 2013 photo contest aimed at sheding light on youth employment issues, the challenges young people face in the workplace as well as their power to overcome them.
The photo contest has been organized in partnership with the ILO Decent Work Technical Support Team and Country Office for Central and Eastern Europe in Budapest, and financed by The MasterCard Foundation. The objective of the contest is to highlight the challenges young people face in the workplace, as well as innovative ideas to address them. Photos submitted by participants should capture youth at work (in different places and under various conditions) in a creative and original manner.
Photographers are invited to focus specifically on working conditions, gender barriers, discrimination, informality, entrepreneurship, working poverty, migration, precarious work, and the rural economy, among others.
Worth of Awards
A jury will award a total of five prizes in two categories:
Global: A selection made from all photo entries
- Best photo: USD 1000
- Second best photo: USD 500
- Youth prize (entries of persons aged 18-29 years): USD 800
Regional: A selection made from photo entries from the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region
- CEE best photo: USD 1000
- CEE youth prize (entries of persons aged 18-29 years): USD 800
- The winning photos and other outstanding photographs will be selected for an online exhibition on the ILO website;
- After judging, all photographers whose work is selected for the on-line exhibition will be notified.
- Photographers must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them;
- To participate in the contest, photographers must be aged 18 years or older and residing in the eligible countries. Please see country eligibility list
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated in any way;Image files should be 10 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
- Photos that have won awards in other photographic contests will not be considered;
- Photos that have been published will not be considered;
- Photos must be sent by 23:59 Midnight (Europe Central Time) of 15 April 2013;
- Employees of the ILO are not eligible to participate in the contest;
- When entering the photo contest photographers agree to the terms and conditions.
How to Apply
- To enter the contest – ALL entries must include the OFFICIAL ENRTRY FORM and must submit photos via email to [email protected] stating full name, age,sex and country;
- The photographers must have received permission in writing from the subject(s) in the photos agreeing to the terms and conditions of the “WORK4YOUTH” photo contest;
- Photos must be submitted with a title, date shot, location and caption.
- Submissions from all around the world are welcome.
- You are allowed to submit up to a maximum of 5 photosYou must send your photo(s) via email to [email protected]
- When sending photos, YOU MUST insert your age and country of residency in the SUBJECT BOX. Photo(s) will NOT be accepted if this information is not provide in the subject box;
- You must fill out and submit the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM and agree to the terms and conditions of the photo contest
- Each photo should include the following information: Title, date shot, location, caption (maximum 100 words) explaining what the picture portrays.
Deadline: Participants are invited to submit up to a maximum of five photos per person by no later than 15 April 2013 at 23:59 (European Central Time) with the Official Entry Form.
Visit here for more information and click here to apply