For the first time ever, Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards has partnered up with UNICEF to offer YOU the opportunity to implement active change in YOUR community through the call for entries for the 2013 Adobe/Unicef Awards.
The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge In cooperation with the Adobe Foundation, will provide three youth led projects with grants that will empower them to plan and execute a project that will help to bring positive change to their community. You are to show your imagination, creativity, and innovation through the use of digital tools and social media by producing a short video outlining your proposal for a new or existing initiative that will benefit other youth in your community.
Worth of Awards
- First prize receives $40,000.
- Second prize receives $30,000.
- Lastly, the audience award-winning project receives $20,000.
- All Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge prize funds must be used to support the implementation of the winning projects.
- In addition to receiving financial funds for your project, the local experts will also provide support during the initial implementation process.
- Eligible projects must be created by youth between the ages of 13-19 years old.
- All media must be submitted for youth by an educator in the Adobe Youth Voices educator network or by educators who have registered to Adobe Youth Voices Essentials. Educators are defined as individuals who work with youth in organizations, teach in a school district, or mentor youth groups. If you are not part of the Adobe Youth Voices educator network, please register via Adobe Youth Voices Essentials, at http://essentials.youthvoices.adobe.com Registration is free and does not require the use or purchase of Adobe products.
- Your project must have been created between 2010-2013.
- The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge will focus on social media and digital empowerment, with the objective of creating sustainable opportunities for young people. UNICEF has an extensive network of Country Offices that work with local organizations. These organizations are often under-funded, yet they demonstrate creativity, resilience, and positive energy.
- The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge seeks to drive social change by calling for participants to enter a project proposal, for a current or a conceptual social change project that combines youth issues and concerns with digital media
- The call for submissions will be issued through Adobe Youth Voices and UNICEF’s country and regional offices. Youth organizations (not individuals) will submit a video proposal to enter to win one of the three prizes. All entries will be featured on the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards website.
- If a group is chosen for one of the prizes, the money will go to the organization that is sponsoring the winning team. The local UNICEF office will support the organization in its implementation of the project. UNICEF HQ’s Social & Civic Media Section will monitor their progress and how prize monies are spent.
- Winners will be selected based on criteria such as creativity and sustainability as determined by UNICEF and Adobe.
- UNICEF will work in collaboration with its country offices to support the implementation of the winning projects.
How to Apply
The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge recognizes youth organizations and groups whose exceptional video content clearly outlines a proposal for a new or existing initiative, utilizing digital tools and social media, which will benefit youth in their community to advocate for their rights and improvements. Prize money awarded must be used to fund the projects that win the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge.
- Media must be in a video format, and does not exceed 10 minutes. In order for the submission to be considered, the following subject matter must be included in an imaginative and creative way.
- Show who you are and where you live. The video should highlight life in your community and the major issues it is currently facing.
- Share a significant concern in the community that you personally wish to address. Tell the story of how you will be an advocate for this cause.
- Illustrate the overall concept for your project. What digital tools and social media channels will be used to carry out your project? Explain who will benefit from your project and how they will be affected by your work.
- If this is an existing project, when did it begin and what successes has it achieved? If you have worked with partners or will work with others, who are they?
- Creatively communicate how you will measure the impact of your project.
- Lastly, tell why this project holds significance to you and why it should win the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge