4YBY believes that young people in Nigeria have the potential to create health solutions that work for them and their peers. As a result, they are looking to create and launch the most compelling ideas that will promote “HIV Self-Testing among youth in Nigeria”.
HIV self-testing is the type of HIV testing you can do by yourself. It allows you to collect your own test specimen such as saliva or blood, perform the test, and interpret the results in private, either alone or with guidance from someone you trust.
The 4YBY contest is a multi-phase contest that encourages YOU to work with your peers to create the next-world changing HIV prevention service that will inspire all youth in Nigeria to use HIV Self-testing, as well as testing for other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Worth of Award
The top idea will win ₦250,000 and have the opportunity to develop the idea further in a designation.
To be eligible you must be between 14 and 24 years and currently residing in Nigeria.
How to Apply
- Simply ENTER the #HIVSelfTestingContest !!!
- Create your written idea, images, or video to the question: How will YOU promote
HIV Self-testing among young people in Nigeria?
- Follow us on Instagram @4youthbyyouth and/or on Facebook- 4 Youth by Youth
- Post a selfie with your idea or a brief video of your idea on Instagram or Facebook
- Tag @4youthbyyouth and use #HIVSelfTestingContest
- Fill out the HIV self-testing challenge submission form
You may also submit a hard-copy to NIMR Dropbox located at:
Nigerian Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Clinical Sciences Department, 6 Edmund crescent off Murtala Mohammed Way, Yaba, Lagos.
Deadline: Deadline for submission is November 22, 2020, 11:59 pm WAT.