The International Office of the Newcastle University calls on academically outstanding Nigerians who may wish to study at the university to apply for the Newcastle University Nigeria Scholarship (NU Nigeria Scholarship) awards for the 2013/14 session. These are available for high achieving Nigerian students applying for entry onto postgraduate taught degree or research programmes within the:
- Newcastle University Law School, Newcastle University Business School (NUBS), Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS):Taught Programmes, Research Programme
These are available for students commencing their studies in September 2013.
Worth of Awards: Each scholarship will have a value of £3,500, payable towards the first year of tuition fees.
You could be eligible to apply for a NU Nigeria Scholarship if:
• You have been offered a place on any postgraduate degree programme in the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle University Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
• You are a Nigerian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes.
• You have a Second Class Upper degree from a recognised Nigerian University and satisfy all other requirements
• You intend to register to start your studies during the 2013-14 academic year
• You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
How to Apply
The scheme is applied for via separate application form including a personal statement of no more than 500 words.
Completed application forms should be sent to: [email protected]
Deadline :The closing date for receipt of applications is 30 June 2013. Country managers will award on the basis of best qualified students and content of personal statement – in consultation with Head of International Recruitment and faculty representatives.
For more information, you can click here or Email: [email protected]