The Anadolu Agency is inviting submissions for the Istanbul Photo Awards, an international news photography contest in 2020.
The contest aims to contribute to the sphere of news photography and offers a perspective shaped by the region’s unique position at the centre of diverse cultures. The awards reward endeavours of courageous and talented photojournalists from around the world on merit. Although it is only the fourth edition of the contest, Istanbul Photo Awards has become one of the most widely known news photography contests in the world.
Every year online applications are accepted between Nov. 1- Jan. 31. The results of the contest announced by the end of jury gathering each year. Award-winning photographs will be published in Photobook which will be sent almost everywhere all around the world to the photography professionals and displayed at significant galleries around the world such as Istanbul, Shanghai, New York, Vienna and Moscow. Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Turkish Airlines and Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TIKA) sponsor the contest in 2018.
Worth of Award
- The winner of the photo of the year award will receive US$8,000.
- Categories winners will receive U$5,000 for first prize, U$3,000 for second prize and US$1,500 for third.
- Photographs must be taken in 2019 (01.01.2019 – 31.12.2019).
- ● Photographs contain relevant and correct information.
- ● All submissions must have necessary information embedded into photographs IPTC like title, description, creation date, city and country.
- ● Digital Manipulation and any kind of photoshop effects are not allowed, only basic colour corrections are allowed.
- ● Photographers must be the copyright owner of the submitted photographs.
- ● Photographs must not violate any third party rights.
- ● Single News 1st prize winner will be nominated as “Photo of the Year”.
- ● Photographers are invited to apply all categories at the same time. Kindly note that this contest is for professionals only and Istanbul Photo Awards’ jury may ask for proofs of the source of the photo or publications on newspapers, magazines or websites.
- ● Copyrights remain on the photographer and Istanbul Photo Awards will use photographer’s credit for all photographs used.
- ● Istanbul Photo Awards and Anadolu Agency may use the submitted photographs for promotional efforts on books, websites, magazines, newspapers, exhibitions, mobile media and all relevant PR campaigns.
How to Apply
The application is entirely online. Please check the link below
Deadline: The deadline is January 31, 2020.