Google is currently accepting applications for the Generation Google scholarships to University Students in Europe for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help provide Financial support and community building for underrepresented groups in tech and help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background.
Worth of Award
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have a high school degree or equivalent, unless you are currently a high school senior applying to university
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-21 academic year OR currently enrolled as a high school senior intending to enroll at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
How to Apply
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short answer essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume
- PDF copy of your current transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- PDF copy of your short answer responses
Deadline: application closes December 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT.