The Hungarian Government is offering 100 Scholarships to South African students to study at participating public universities in Hungary in the 2022/23 academic year.
All courses available for South Africans are taught in English. The Stipendium Hungaricum is offered at the three levels of study Bachelor’s (30), Master’s (60) and PhD (10).
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between higher education institutions.
Worth of Award
- The award is usually fully funded, including contributions for accommodation and medical insurance.
- For more information about what the scholarship covers, Hungarian institutions and studying in Hungary please visit the website
- Be a South African citizen in good health;
- Have a strong academic record:
- o Bachelor’s applicants require a minimum average of 70% in their NSC (excl LO);
- o Postgraduate applications require a minimum of 65% in their previous studies
- An interest in studying in Hungary and demonstrated commitment to the development of South Africa;
- Available to study in Hungary from September 2022 (postponements will not be granted);
- Meet the entry criteria for their selected programme in Hungary;
- Meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below
- The online application system can be reached.