The Institute for Transport Studies is offering a fees scholarship to Africans in the 2013/14 ITS Transport Africa Masters Scholarship in order to provide a unique opportunity to an African student of outstanding ability, achievement and potential to study at Masters level in Leeds University.
The Transport Africa Masters Scholarship 2013/14 will provide 50% of the fees for a student from an African country to undertake a Masters degree programme at ITS, on a one year full-time basis. The scholarship forms part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of transport globally via the development of skills and best practice. It is anticipated that the scholarship recipient will return to their home country after the Masters programme, to apply their new skills to an area of identified need.
Worth of Awards: The scholarship is a 50% fees waiver for the 2013-14 academic year, to the value of £7500.
- Applicants must hold, or expect to obtain, a bachelors degree equivalent to a UK first class or upper second class honours.
- Applicants must hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place for an ITS Masters degree for the academic year commencing September 2013.
- Applicants must be designated as ‘international fee status’ by the University of Leeds, and be domiciled in an African country
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship applicants must:
- Complete and submit the relevant scholarship application form, to include:
- A statement of up to 500 words which details how and why a Masters degree from ITS would enable the applicant make a difference to transportation in their country/region, and specifically to tackle a significant problem or issue;
- Evidence of the applicant’s outstanding ability, achievement and potential;
- An outline of the applicant’s career aspirations.
- Details of their funding situation, including existing funds which are available to them, scholarship applications where the outcome is known or awaited, and other funding sources being explored.
- Provide a supporting statement from a referee
- [the scholarship referee should be additional to the academic referees].
Deadline: applications should be sent in by June 13, 2013
Preference will be given to applicants who would otherwise be precluded from undertaking a Masters programme; applicants for this scholarship will automatically also be considered for the ‘Transport the World’ scholarship;
Click here to apply and here for more information