Singapore University of Technology invites applications for the A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship for 2020/2021 academic year
The A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship is newly launched in November 2018 to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
Worth of Award
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
- S$3,750 for Non-Singapore citizen
Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
How to Apply
- Applicants should concurrently apply PhD admission to their intended university.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
Deadline: applications close February 1, 2020, for August 2020 intake.