The UNE PhD. Innovation Research Award (UNE PIRA) Scholarship opens for applications to top quality international candidates who wish to enroll in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) (PhD.I) research degree at UNE for 2019/2020 academic year.
For students undertaking a PhD.I, the scholarship will be for a period of four years full-time. The student will be required to undertake the first and last year of study on campus at UNE. The second and third years will be undertaken in the home country, conducting research within the candidates’ industry/professional context. Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in an appropriate industry/professional context, which could include support from government or non –government agencies, aid organizations or industry.
Four UNE PIRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enroll in a PhD.I at UNE.
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature in July 2019.
- The UNE PIRA provides a stipend of AU$27,596 per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance.
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of 4 years. The first and last year are to be undertaken at UNE, with the second and third year being completed in the candidate’s home country.
- Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in a suitable industry context, which could include government or non–government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
Worth of Award
A fixed rate of AU$27,596 per annum, tax-free for full-time candidates, paid in fortnightly installments.
- This scholarship opportunity is available to students applying for the PhD (Innovation) only.
- Students applying for a PhD are not eligible for this scholarship and should apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Please make sure you read the International Students Scholarship Application Guidelines.
- Complete the International Students Scholarship Application Form.
- Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
Deadline: application close 1 March 2019.