Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands is currently accepting applications for PhD vacancies in Business and management for commencing in 2020.
ERIM’s full-time doctoral programme – the Erasmus Doctoral Programme in Business and Management – is focused on developing and nurturing international academic talent. It enables promising students to develop into ‘thought leaders’ and become top researchers at the world’s best universities and business schools. Depending on the PhD project, generous funding can be generated for four or five years; further extensions are possible.
ERIM offers fully-funded and salaried PhD positions, which means that accepted PhD candidates become employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO).
Worth of Award
- The starting monthly salary for PhD candidates is € 2266,- in year 1, € 2640,- in year 2, € 2763,- in year 3, and € 2897,- in the final year (all mentioned figures are gross and fixed amounts).
- Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a total of 4 or 5 years, depending on the project further extensions are possible. Candidates’ performance is evaluated after 18 months and if positive, the contract is extended for additional 2.5 years.
To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme candidates are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is 85%.
- Furthermore, ERIM requires candidates to show proof of their proficiency in English. Applicants have to provide ERIM with either a TOEFL or IELTS test. ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)
How to Apply
- You need to submit your application online.
- For the online application, applicants need to scan and upload several files and required documents. Only one file per required document is allowed, so you may have to merge several documents into one.
- Your uploaded files are preferably in PDF format (you can find a free PDF printer at CutePDF), although MS Word and jpeg are also accepted.
- If you are nominated for a PhD position, you need to send a complete hard copy application package with all the required documents to the ERIM Doctoral Office.
- If you have questions regarding the admission requirements and application rules please refer to the FAQ page of the “Admissions” section.
ERIM Doctoral Office
Erasmus Research Institute of Management
RSM Erasmus University
P.O. Box 1738
3000 DR Rotterdam
Deadline: The application for the 2020 intake is now open! Apply before January 8, 2020.