Booking.com invites applications from ambitious startups, social enterprises and non-profit organizations offering technology-led sustainability solutions along with accommodations that want to develop their efforts in operation more sustainably for the 2020 Booster. Booking.com will look at scalability as one of the key factors in determining a project’s potential to shape how local, regional and global players approach sustainable accommodation.
Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. In order to preserve and protect the world’s destinations for generations to come, we believe that sustainable travel is the way forward. We know that there is still lots of work to be done in order to make it easier for everyone to experience the world sustainably.
That’s why for the 2020 Booking Booster, the program will focus on solutions that can support accommodations in becoming more sustainable. The program will bring together innovative organizations offering technology-led sustainability solutions along with accommodations to help them develop their efforts in this space and operate more sustainably.
Worth of Award
- In May or September 2020 the Shortlisted Participants will attend a residential program comprising a series of lectures, workshops and one-to-one mentoring sessions to assist them in further developing their business, impact metrics and scaling plan.
- The Booster Program covers workshops and sessions about Scaling Readiness, Strategy, Marketing, Storytelling, Pitching, Go-To-Market Strategy, Value Proposition, Finance and Invest Proposition and building & practising your pitch presentation
- During this stage the Shortlisted Participants pitch for a share of the EUR 2,600,000 Fund.
- The Shortlisted Participants for any amount between EUR 100,000 and EUR 500,000 to execute their scaling plan. The participants need to justify and substantiate to which amount they think they are entitled to for their scaling plan.
- The Finale, each startup will have the opportunity to pitch for funding in front of a global expert panel of Judges.
The Shortlisted Participants shall receive:
- A trip for the representative(s), up to two per participant, to attend The 10-day Booster Program in May or September 2020 comprising of:
- return economy flights from/to your home country;
- accommodation as specified by the Promoter;
- airport transfers at destination;
- transfers to and from Booster Program events;
- meals during the Booster Program (except for weekends and free evenings)
All representatives must be able to organise their own visas if needed, at their own costs.
The Booking Booster is open to any Applicant that:
- seeks to support the development of sustainable tourism; and
- generates revenue;
- once chosen as a Selected Participant, shall not enter into any accelerator Program, Incubator or Funding Program relating to another online travel brand until one year after the application deadline, until 21 June, 2021.
- undertakes to use any granted funds for bona fide business purposes consistent with the business and scaling plan presented to the Promoter.
How to Apply
Applicants need to complete the application form on the Program website and supply the stated materials.
As part of the entry process, Applicants will be required to:
- complete a set of questions on the application form;
- share a copy of their company registration document; and
- agree to their Terms and Conditions.
Deadline: Apply for the products and serviced category before February 29, 2020.