The United Nations University invites applications for DAAD Scholarships for the International joint MSc programme in Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security starting 2021.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security” is jointly offered by UNU-EHS and the Department of Geography at the University of Bonn as an international degree programme with a research-oriented profile.
The two-year programme educates students in an interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary manner on how to investigate and manage various resources related to environmental hazards by implementing science-based principles and methodologies to disaster risk management.
Worth of Award
They will be able to offer a certain number of fully-funded scholarships to students from “developing countries”
Eligible candidates should fulfil the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from an eligible Developing Country (check the list on DAAD website);
- Having at least 2 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s and before applying for Epos programme (i.e. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Having graduated from their Bachelor not more than 5 years ago;
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies;
- Wishing to apply the post-Master knowledge in a career as a practitioner (not in an academic area/PHD) further contributing to development;
- Being ready to fully commit to start with the Joint Master Programme once accepted by Joint Master’s selection committee and for funding through Epos
How to Apply
- Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by submitting a separate application pack (see APPLICATIONS section, requirement no.9); acceptance to the former does not guarantee acceptance to the latter.
- Candidates that do not fulfil the EPOS requirements but wish to benefit from financial support during their studies are invited to apply individually and early to other available funding programmes in Germany.
Deadline: Applications close on December 15, 2020. The selection process for the EPOS funding among shortlisted candidates will happen between February and April each year.