The University of Melbourne in Australia is awarding the Jesuit Scholarships and Bursaries at Newman College
The scholarships are awarded to international Undergraduate students commencing studies in the 2019/20 academic year
The International Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to high achieving international students in recognition of their excellent academic results.
Worth of Award
- The University awards around 30 scholarships with a $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree and around 10 scholarships with a 100% tuition fee remission for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
- Students who have accepted a $10,000 fee remission scholarship will also be considered for a 100% fee remission scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
How to Apply
- No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
- As an international applicant, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application, including all of the required documents, by the application closing dates. This will enable the application to be considered for a greater range and number of scholarships.
- Closing dates may vary according to the course for which the applicant is applying. You should confirm the course application closing date with the relevant faculty.
Deadline: Applications for Undergraduate studies usually close for Semester 1: late December and Semester 2: 31 May.