International students interested in pursuing a Masters Degree in Transport from the University of Leeds can now apply for the 2013/14 ITS Transport the world-Masters Scholarships
Institute for Transport Studies (ITS) is recognised as one of the world’s largest and most successful University departments for transport teaching and research – as evidenced by the Research Assessment Exercise and the award of a Queen’s Anniversary Prize. The Institute offers a choice of five Masters degrees:
• MA Transport Economics
• MSc Sustainability (Transport)
• MSc Transport Planning
• MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
• MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering
Worth of Awards
The scholarship is a 50% fees waiver for the 2013-14 academic year, to the value of £7500.
- Applicants must hold, or expect to obtain, a bachelors degree equivalent to a UK first class or upper second class honours.
- Applicants must hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place for an ITS Masters degree for the academic year commencing September 2013.
- Applicants must be designated as ‘international fee status’ by the University of Leeds, and not be domiciled in a European Union member country.
How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship applicants must:
- Complete and submit the relevant scholarship application form, to include:
- A statement of up to 500 words which details how and why a Masters degree from ITS would enable the applicant make a difference to transportation in their country/region, and specifically to tackle a significant problem or issue;
- Evidence of the applicant’s outstanding ability, achievement and potential;
- An outline of the applicant’s career aspirations.
- Details of their funding situation, including existing funds which are available to them, scholarship applications where the outcome is known or awaited, and other funding sources being explored.
- Provide a supporting statement from a referee
- [the scholarship referee should be additional to the academic referees].
Deadline :Early application is encouraged and the deadline for application in full is 13th June 2013.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email in July.
Visit here for more information and to here to apply