The African centre of excellence on Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures (WISE – Futures) at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania, is announcing the PhD scholarships by research and thesis to support students to study at NMAIST in three key areas: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy for 2019/2020 academic year.
Students should have admission or applied in programs available at NMAIST website (www.nm-aist.ac.tz) related to Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Management, Environmental Science and Engineering, Sustainable Energy Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering in Energy Materials or water treatment/purification technologies. Students with background in Water Resources Engineering, Hydrology, Water Supply Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Sustainable Energy Science and Engineering or equivalent related fields such as Applied Mathematics, Geology, Ecology, Agricultural/Irrigation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geosciences etc. are eligible.
These scholarships are open to regional (Africa) students. Female applicants will be given priority consideration for the scholarship. The partial scholarships will run for three years. The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be subsequently extended upon successful academic performance. While on the scholarship, students are encouraged to apply for additional funds for research money. Successful applicants are expected to report immediately after receiving the scholarship offer.
Worth of Award
The partial scholarships will run for three years.
1) One page motivation letter.
2) Academic transcripts and certificates in relevant fields.
3) NM-AIST admission letter or proof of completed application for admission to NM-AIST (In case you do not have an admission letter, please apply for admission through www.nm-aist.ac.tz).
4) A recommendation letter from the current employer and/or previous supervisor/educator.
5) Evidence of peer reviewed journal publications.
6) A maximum of 2-page of Curriculum Vitae (CV).
7) 3000 words (minimum) research concept note fitting the key areas of WISE – Futures: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy.
8) Incomplete documents or failure to follow instructions will automatically lead to disqualification.
9) Please note that only successful candidates will be informed for further instructions on reporting time to commence studies at NM-AIST.
How to Apply
- Send your applications with all required documents via email: [email protected]
- Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018 1800 (East African Time).
- Your email subject should mention your nationality, name, and research area number as given in number 7 of eligibility criteria
Deadline: applications close November 30th, 2018 1800 (East African Time).