The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute at the University of Melbourne offers a number of dedicated scholarships to support International PhD Scholars for the 2022/2023 academic year.
WEHI’s International PhD Scholar Initiative enables outstanding international students to join its Medical Biology PhD Program. The International PhD Scholar Initiative (IPSI) recruits candidates who completed their latest degree outside of Australia to come to WEHI to undertake their PhD research. IPSI selects students on the basis of their academic record, relevant experience, research motivation, referees’ reports and a video conference interview.
Worth of Award
- WEHI’s International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to the current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate.
- In addition, all international PhD students receive WEHI’s $2,000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance (once-off lump sum of $3,000), health insurance coverage and a university tuition fee offset.
To be eligible for the International PhD Scholar Initiative applicants must meet the following academic requirements:
- Have a four-year undergraduate degree (with a substantial research component) or masters degree at an international university
- Be in the final academic year of their current degree due to complete in first semester of 2023
How to Apply
When submitting your application online, You will be asked to submit the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter that explains your research interests and motivation for doing a PhD
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts (include university grading scale and English translation, if applicable).
Deadline: Applications close on Friday, November 11, 2022 by 11:59 pm AEST.