Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) in China invites applications for the TBSI 2019 International Admission and scholarship open to international students for Ph.D. and Masters programs for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is now accepting international applications for their
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is jointly established in 2014 by the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and the Tsinghua University, with the full support of Shenzhen Municipal Government, on the initiative of building a bridge across disciplines, cultures and countries, academia and industry, and an unprecedented platform for international collaboration, fostering future entrepreneurs and leaders in science and technology.
Worth of Award
- Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS)
- For more information about CGS, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Tuition Scholarships
- For detailed information of how to apply both scholarships, please refer to the Introduction to Scholarships for Incoming Full-time International Graduate Students at Tsinghua University
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport;
- A Master’s Degree program applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Bachelor’s degree (or above);
- A Doctoral Degree program applicant should have a Master’s Degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Master’s degree (or above);
How to Apply
Please complete the following 4 steps for online application:
- Go to the Online Application System
- Create an account and complete the application form;
- Upload the required supporting documents;
- Pay the application fee online at the time of submission.
Please submit the following supporting documents to the online application system.
2.Personal statement: Degree certificate: Please state your Grade Point Average in undergraduate study and Master study (if applicable) in your CV.
All applicants should submit a personal statement. Doctoral degree program applicants also need to submit a brief introduction of their research experience.
- Master’s degree program applicants should submit a bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates.
- 4. Academic transcript
- Master’s degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of undergraduate study.
- Doctoral degree program applicants should submit academic transcripts of both graduate and undergraduate studies.
- 5. HSK certificate and score report (if applicable)
6. Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or above or senior professionals in a related academic field
7. Passport personal information page
Deadline: applications close:
- 1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2018——17:00 PM Dec 15, 2018 (Beijing Time)
- 2nd Round : 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2019——17:00 PM Mar 1, 2019 (Beijing Time)
- Last Round: 8:00 AM 15 Mar 2019——17:00 PM May 1, 2019 (Beijing Time)*Scholarship application through Tsinghua University will end around 31 March each year. Students who want to apply CGS through THU are encouraged to submit their application before the second round .