NYU Wagner in USA invites applications for the Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship open to incoming Wagner students for 2022/2023 academic year. They are pleased to offer the Rice Family Foundation Fellowship support to incoming Wagner students.
Endowed by the Rice Family Foundation, the Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship is awarded to outstanding students in the Master of Urban Planning program who demonstrate a commitment to bringing their scholarship and expertise to bear upon significant urban issues.
The fellowship is named for Henry Hart Rice, who was a leader in the world of residential and commercial real estate for six decades. An industry senior statesman, public servant, author, and lecturer, Mr. Rice conceived and developed projects throughout the U.S. and Canada, but made his biggest impact on New York City real estate and urban planning. He was instrumental in preserving and landmarking Carnegie Hall and in the development of Lincoln Center Plaza. He led the real estate development of Fresh Meadows in Queens and organized the land assembly that led to the creation of Barney’s on Madison Avenue.
Worth of Award
The fellowship provides full-tuition support for two new students each year.
- Demonstrated commitment to bringing your expertise to bear upon significant urban issues
- Passion for learning and problem-solving
- Thoughtful and articulate communication, both verbal and written
- Steadfast dedication, emotional maturity, flexibility under adverse conditions
- Demonstrated success in a first career
How to Apply
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2022.
- Fellowship applicants must also submit a one-minute video essay.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in mid-to-late February 2022.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in early April 2022. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni.
Deadline: The deadline for Fall 2022 fellowship applications is November 29, 2021.