The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TCCSP) is available for citizens and permanent residents of Tunisia for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) fosters economic growth and stable democratic development in Tunisia by creating a network of youth prepared to lead positive change in their professional fields and communities. TJSP focuses on leadership capacity and professional preparation for highly motivated and academically successful students, shaping future leaders from throughout Tunisia to contribute in a meaningful way to Tunisia’s democratic and economic development. The Program is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Department of State.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Health insurance;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books;
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- is a Tunisian citizen;
- currently resides in Tunisia;
- is enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate, university/institute student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application
- Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, or fourth year of study
- Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study
- is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2023;
- is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500; and
- completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (a.k.a. moyenne générale).
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is Monday, November 30, 2022 at 5 p.m. Tunis time.