The University of Cambridge in the UK is inviting applications for The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship established by the Cambridge Trust to support students who face severe barriers in coming to study in Cambridge in 2019.
The award is available to both graduate and undergraduate students wishing to study in Cambridge in 2019/2020 academic year.
Worth of Award
Named after the former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, the Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and graduate students, covering tuition fees and maintenance, which will, in some instances, also assist with students’ upfront expenses such as travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree;
- be from an area of instability or zone of conflict;
- be, or have been, at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence or other abuse of their human rights.
Applicants do not need to have Refugee status.
How to Apply
Graduate applicants should
- apply by the Graduate Funding deadline for their chosen course of study, and be offered conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
- tick the box to apply for funding, and fill in the Cambridge Trust section of the online form stating how they meet the eligibility criteria, as part of their application for admission through the University’s Applicant Portal.
Undergraduate applicants should
- apply for admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way via a UCAS application and by the published deadline;
if offered conditional admission by a Cambridge College, complete an Application for Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies offered by the Cambridge Trust (sent by the College at time of conditional offer) including a Personal Statement of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
Deadline: For all other applicants, the funding deadline is course specific so please check the course directory to see if your course has a December or January funding deadline. which is 5 December 2018 / 3 January 2019.