Barts Charity in UK invites applications for the Nurse/AHP Clinical Research Fellowships open to nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professional’s (AHP’s).
Barts Charity is supporting nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professional’s (AHP’s) to undertake a 3 year full-time (or up to 5 year part-time) PhD. The PhD must be completed at The London School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD) at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) or City, University of London.
Worth of Award
The scheme will fund PhD fees, salary and a £5000 budget per year for consumables and your primary supervisor must be based at Barts NHS Trust, QMUL or City, University of London.
You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a trained nurse, midwife or AHP
- You already hold an MA, MSc or have equivalent workplace research experience
- You are planning to work on a clinical research project as part of your PhD
They strongly advise you to liaise with your prospective supervisors during the writing of your application. Additionally, you must have your project endorsed in writing by the head of function at either The Trust, QMUL or City, University of London at the time of submission.
How to Apply
- Individuals wishing to undertake their studies at QMUL SMD (including those being supervised by Barts NHS Trust Staff) must submit their proposals for costing by the QMUL Joint Research Management Office (JRMO) no later than Friday 2nd November via the following email address: [email protected]
- This competitive scheme gives awards annually and the deadline for the next round of applications is 30th November 2018.
Deadline: applications Close 30th November 2018.