The 2011 edition of The Nigerian Stock Exchange Annual National Essay Competition has opened for tertiary and secondary institutions in Nigeria. Deadline is July 29, 2011.
For Tertiary Institutions
Discuss the two topics in not more than two pages of a foolscap sheet. It should be handwritten.
(1) What is Demutualization?
(2) How can it contribute to the development of the Stock Market in Nigeria?
Prizes for the competition:
- 1st Prize – N150,000.00
- 2nd Prize – N120,000.00
- 3rd Prize – N100,000.00
- 10 Runner-up – N75,000.00 (each
- 37 Zonal Winners – N50,000.00 (each)
For Secondary Institutions:
(1) Who are the Capital Market Operators?
(2) Discuss the functions of any three operators
Cash Prizes for the Competition:
- 1st Prize – N120,000.00
- 2nd Prize – N100,000.00
- 3rd Prize – N80,000.00
- 10 Runners-up – N60,000.00 (each
- 37 Zonal Winners – N40,000.00 (each)
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange Panel of judges’ Decision shall be final
- All entries must be accompanied with the competitors form
- The competition is open to SS1, SS2, SS3, and Tertiary Institutions only.
- All entries must reach any of the listed address on or before Friday July 29th, 2011.
- All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
- 1st winner Institutions shall receive a trophy each
- 10 Runners-up shall receive consolation prizes
- 37 zonal winners representing each state/Abuja shall receive consolation prizes.
- 76 winner essays will be published in some National Dailies
How to apply
Entry forms are available at the Nigerian Stock Exchange Branches, all Secondary and Tertiary Institutions, as well as the NSE website: www.nigerianstockexchange.com or any branch of: First Bank, Access Bank, Zenith Bank and also at the Records Unit of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
Submit your essay to The Co-ordinator, Essay Competition at any of the listed addresses on the entry form.
Click here fore theform.