Zonta International Foundation invites applications for the Amelia Earhart Fellowships for Women for the 2019/20 academic year.
Established in 1938, Zonta International’s Amelia Earhart Fellowships memorialize famed air pioneer and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, who disappeared over the Pacific in 1937. By remembering Amelia Earhart through this fellowship, Zonta International encourages and supports women to expand their horizons by pursuing degrees and careers in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. In the program’s 80-year history, Zonta has awarded 1,573 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling more than US$10 million, to 1,144 Fellows representing 73 countries.
Worth of Award
It is anticipated that 30 Fellowships of US$10,000 each will be awarded in 2020.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their PhD or doctoral program before April 2020. Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
How to Apply
- To apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, visit their website. See link below.
- Note that three (3) recommendations from referees (thesis supervisor or advisor and a university professor), official transcripts, and verification of enrollment for the 2019 Amelia Earhart Fellowships must be submitted by the deadline
Deadline: applications Close November 15, 2019.