Applications are now open to prospective Online/Communications interns who will work online and on various websites for the Royal African Society in the 2013 RAS internship awards.
The internship will last for 3 months for 2 days per week. Interns should be available to work at the RAS offices in Gordon Square, Bloomsbury London on Thursdays and Fridays. Some remote work is also permissible. The intern will work with their online team on the following:
- Their main website
- Their Africa events listings service
- Their political analysis website
- Their social media presence (twitter/facebook)
Work will also focus on developing and promoting content across their online platforms. This will include:
- Uploading listings and images to Gateway for Africa.
- Writing and updating copy of country and regional profiles.
- Promoting published material through facebook and twitter.
- Researching contributors and topics for African Arguments.
- Writing analytical content/reviews for African Arguments.
Worth of Awards: Travel expenses can be covered up to a maximum of £10 per day. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Applicants should have the following:
- A degree
- A demonstrable interest in marketing and communications.
- A demonstrable interest in African issues, culture and current affairs
- Good writing skills.
- Experience using online resources – particularly social media and online research.
- Familiarity with web-publishing software (WordPress, Drupal etc) is an advantage.
How to Apply
- Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter (no more than one side of A4) to Magnus Taylor, Website Manager, Royal African Society – [email protected]
- Inclusion of links to online writing samples (or unpublished work as an attachment) would also be an advantage, but not essential.
Deadline: deadline for applications is Friday 24th February, interviews will take place on Thursday 14th March at the RAS offices in Gordon Square.
For more information ,please check here