DAAD in Germany is offering Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in the Field of the Performing Arts for the year 2022.
These scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice. This programme only funds projects in the artistic field of the Performing Arts (Drama, Theatre Directing/Theatre Dramaturgy, Musicals, Performance Studies, Dance, Choreography). Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the fields of Theatre and Dance Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
Worth of Award
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of the Performing Arts at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master’s or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
– The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective.
– The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
– The study period does not take place in the home country.
Applicants from the fields of Drama and Direction should have a good to excellent knowledge of German, applicants from the fields of Musicals, Performance Studies, Dance and Choreography require at least a basic knowledge of German and a good knowledge of English.
How to Apply
- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.
- Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Deadline: Applications close on November 11, 2021.