The SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship opens for applications for African students from Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa for the 2019/2020 academic year. This is designed to award new postgraduate students starting in September 2019 with a first-class academic performance.
SOAS University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa, and the Near and Middle East.
SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Worth of Award
- The fee reduction of £3,000 towards tuition fees
- There are a limited number of scholarships available, these are listed against the country in the table below
- Have a UK first-class honours degree (1st) or the international equivalent, (You are also required to have met the intended programme entry criteria, this may include a specific subject, i.e. Economics, Law etc before starting programme in September 2019.
- A 250-word supporting statement with your Masters programme application.
- Be a national from the countries listed below
- Be classified as overseas for fee purposes
- Be self-financing
- Have accepted an offer to study an eligible Masters campus taught programme at SOAS University of London, (please note Distance Learning or Online programmes are ineligible for this award).
- If you have applied for another scholarship or award to study at SOAS, the higher amount will be awarded.
How to Apply
- There is no separate application required.
- Applicants should apply for the programme in the usual way and upload 250-word supporting statement as part of the application for the Master’s programme.
- Applications are shortlisted by a Selection Committee of at least three members.
- Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2019. (The offer will outline the conditions required to be met).
Deadline: application closes January 31, 2019