The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide 60 postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
Applications for 2019 entry to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh are now open. Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Carbon Finance
Worth of Award
- 10 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
- Applicants must want to apply for one of our eligible courses listed above
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
How to Apply
- If the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is the only scholarship you are interested to apply for in the University of Edinburgh, please apply for the Scholarship only.
- If you are also applying for other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly for the degree programme of your choice.
- From the beginning of March, applicants who have been shortlisted will be invited to interview.
- You will receive an email to the address you registered with asking you to choose a convenient time slot for you. Interviews will be held via video connection e.g. Skype.
Deadline: 12 pm GMT on Friday 30 November 2018.