The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Edinburgh opens for applications for the 2019/2010 academic year.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at The University of Edinburgh believes that all young people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to gain a quality education and pursue their aspirations to improve the lives of others.
Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and will benefit from extracurricular opportunities including summer schools and internships. The Scholars Program aims to build the abilities and talents of each student so they can make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
Worth of Award
- 30 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including a series of summer schools, project-based placements, mentorship, and activities during each academic year.
- For undergraduate entry, applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in any course except Medicine and Vet Medicine
- You need to have achieved your school leaving qualifications in the last three years prior to entry date, for 2019 entry that is from 2016 onwards
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed an undergraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
How to Apply
- If you are only applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh and you aren’t applying to any other UK university, please apply directly the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Edinburgh, and do not make an application via UCAS.
- If you are applying for other scholarships at this University and/or for other universities in the UK, please apply for the scholarship and also apply via UCAS and add the University of Edinburgh in your choices.