The University of Toronto invites applications for the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship Program for the 2022/23 academic session. The program is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their schools.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students.
Worth of Award
- The Lester B Pearson international scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
- The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023. (Students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered. Likewise, students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in the program.(external link))(external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all. However, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T. This will happen at the time the scholarship decisions are made.
- Once UoT receives a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- School nomination deadline for the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship is November 30, 2022
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2022 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC. However, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022. This is because spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 16, 2023