The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) in the Netherlands opens for applications to excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries who are applying for a Master’s programme at the University.
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
Worth of Award
- € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
How to Apply
Apply online via their website click the link below.
Deadline: applications Close:
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 1 October 2018
- Application forms closes per 1 February 2019 (for programmes starting September 2019)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 2 February 2019.
- Application form closes per 1 May 2019 (for programmes starting September 2019)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered.