Echoing Green supports bold leaders from all over the world who see possibility in the face of the most existential challenges of our day. The goal is to build a world that has yet to exist: a future free from racism and its far-reaching consequences where all people can thrive.
This Fellowship is for people whose enterprises are at an early stage and who are experts on the challenge they’ve chosen to confront. We seek leaders who reflect the community they serve and bring deep knowledge of the issues into their work as they co-design solutions with and for their communities.
Worth of Award
Every fellow benefits from Echoing Green’s proven support model which includes
- A comprehensive program to build and grow leadership skills and develop the strategies needed for ideas to thrive.
- A portfolio team facilitates the Fellow experience and connects these leaders to experts and opportunities according to their needs.
- Gatherings to connect Fellows across classes and cohorts, as well as with experienced business leaders, institutions, and investors committed to solving global issues.
- Ongoing support focusing on mental and emotional wellbeing, as well as self-care workshops designed specifically for the struggles of entrepreneurship.
- A stipend over 18 months amounting to 80,000 USD. Funding offered to for-profit organizations is in the form of recoverable grants.
Echoing Green Fellowship applicants must be
- 18 years or older by February 28, 2022.
- able to communicate in English proficiently.
- either sole founders or leading founders on a team of people who created the organization.
- the primary decision-makers and have the ultimate authority over their organization’s growth and strategic vision.
- may hold other professional responsibilities, but must work full time, i.e. 40 hours a week, on the work outlined in their Fellowship applications. It must also remain their main professional priority.
Eligible organizations must
- be independent but have fiscal sponsors as long as the sponsor has no authority over the organization’s work and decision-making.
- not engage in recruitment, promotion, or conversion for a specific religious faith to their constituencies. Organizations’ works that have spiritual elements or works with existing faith communities but do not promote or recruit on behalf of that faith, may be eligible.
- not be Echoing Green Fellows.
- be able to make and act on organizational decisions of their own choosing.
- not be organizations whose primary purpose is lobbying.
- be in need of funding to initiate or scale their organizations especially early-stage organizations or ideas. e.g those that have operated with full-time staff for less than five years or still need resources to grow and sustain their operations.
However, well-defined program models; initial strategic plans; basic organizational infrastructures (like a bank account, payroll, job descriptions, etc.); staffing plans; initial funding sources; and boards of directors that meet regularly to manage organizational governance do not qualify as early-stage organizations or ideas.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications are due by 2:00 PM EDT (14:00) on November 2, 2021.