Applications for the Echoing Green Global Social Entrepreneurship Fellowships in 2023 are currently open.
For over 35 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems by raising up transformational leaders who challenge the status quo. It seeks leaders who bring deep knowledge and passion to designing solutions with and for their communities. Fellows are lifelong members of Echoing Green’s community and work across issue areas to advance equity, including education, climate justice, human rights, health, and more.
Through the full-time Fellowship, it finds people working on plans to make the world better in a big way. Then it helps them become impactful leaders by connecting them with the tools, resources, and communities they need to bring their ideas to life.
Worth of Award
Every fellow benefits from Echoing Green’s proven support model which includes
- A comprehensive program to build and grow leadership skills and develop the strategies needed for ideas to thrive.
- The programs team facilitates the Fellow experience and connects these leaders to experts and opportunities according to their needs.
- Gatherings to connect Fellows within and across classes, regions, and communities to build strong ties among Fellows over their entrepreneurial journey.
- Ongoing support focuses on mental and emotional well being along with self-care workshops designed specifically for the struggles of entrepreneurship.
- A stipend over 18 months (80,000 USD). Funding offered to for-profit organizations is in the form of recoverable grants.
- A suite of pro-bono support from leading professionals to build organizational capacity and help navigate the social innovation field. Opportunities to connect with experienced business leaders committed to supporting positive social change globally.
Echoing Green Fellowship applicants must be
- 18 years or older by the time you begin the Fellowship
- Are able to communicate proficiently in English
- Are an original founder or a leading member of your proposed organization’s original founding team
- Are the primary decision maker for your organization
- Will be able to work full time on your proposed organization throughout the 18-month Fellowship
- Organizations that are independent but have fiscal sponsors are eligible
- The proposed organization must operate independently and autonomously from its parent organization
- Applicants in need of funding to initiate or scale their organizations are eligible.
- Echoing Green cannot distribute funds to organizations whose primary purpose is lobbying.
- To be eligible, the organization cannot engage in recruitment, promotion, or conversion for a specific religious faith to your constituency.
- No founding team members and no people in a leadership position in the organization can be an Echoing Green Fellow.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application for the Echoing Green Global Social Entrepreneurship Fellowships will close February 7, 2023 at 14:00 (EST).