The HBS Global Opportunity Fellowship (GO:Africa) supplements the income of graduates who work in Africa with a total compensation of less than $100,000 USD per year. With this pilot program, HBS will support graduates in pursuing career opportunities in Africa immediately following graduation.
The HBS mission is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. GO:Africa has grown out of that mission.
Worth of Award
Starting with the class of 2018, graduating students will be eligible for the Fellowship for up to 5 years after graduation with a maximum award of $50,000 USD per year and $150,000 USD in total.
- To be considered for GO:Africa, second-year students and recent HBS alumni complete the Global Opportunity Fellowship application, including an essay and details about their job offers and career plans.
- This award is intended to support students who want to make an impact specifically in Africa
- The HBS MBA Program is designed for students who have full-time work experience before matriculation.
How to apply
To apply to Harvard Business School, applicants should assemble and prepare a variety of materials that will help assess their qualifications. All materials must be submitted to HBS online by the application deadlines. The following serves as a preview of what one needs to prepare.
- TOEFL/IELTS/Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Recommendations (2)
- Acceptance of Policies
- You may apply in one round only, one time in an application year.
- Applications received after January 4, 2019 will not be considered.
- 2+2 applications received after April 9, 2019 will not be considered.