In order to assist with the development and promotion of sporting excellence in students and alumni of Robert Gordon University, the RGU: SPORT calls on qualified candidates to apply for the RGU: SPORT scholarships for the 2013 session.
The RGU: SPORT offers a number of sports scholarships, to promising sports men and women to support them in developing their talents and succeeding in their chosen sporting field whilst undertaking academic study and are offered on an annual basis to athletes who are at, or close to, national standard in their given sport.
Scholarships are designed to help students in every aspect of their pursuit of sporting excellence. The scholarship is not primarily concerned with offering financial assistance to recipients, but will be tailored to meet individual needs on a case by case basis.
Worth of Awards
- Financial assistance is awarded to support travel, training, equipment and competition expenses accrued during the academic year.
- All Scholars will receive a membership to RGU:SPORT and have access to the facilities for the duration of the scholarship. A full range of services are also available to the Scholar which include:
- Fitness Testing and Anthropometry
- Nutrition workshop and consultation
- Performance lifestyle
- Physiotherapy profiling
- Strength and conditioning
Further information can be found in the RGU:SPORT scholarship leaflet which can be downloaded below:
In order to qualify for consideration of a scholarship award you must be:
- an enrolled student of the University engaged on at least a part time course at undergraduate, post graduate or research level; or
- a prospective student of the University awaiting confirmation of award of a place; or in exceptional circumstances, a former student of the University who graduated within the last 12 months
In every case, the applicant must be competing or have the potential to compete at a minimum of junior national level in their chosen sport.
How to Apply
Application can be made online. Applicants should download the application form and fill accordingly. Please note that there are two types of forms: The Application Form and Re-application form
Please send completed applications to:
Sport Programmes Manager
T: 01224 263767
E: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications are invited by 1st August, from scholars who expect to enter University in September of that year.
For more information, visit the scholarship website by clicking here.