The Canon Collins Scholarship opens its doors for entries from qualified Africans with a good first Degree for the 2013/14 Canon Collins Scholarships for Masters study tenable in some UK Universities .
These scholarships are for taught masters programmes in any subject field, with the exception of the scholarship for study at Queen Mary, University of London, which is limited to students applying for one of the four International Health MSc programmes, and at DICE, University of Kent, which is limited to eight different MSc Conservation courses. Please see guidelines for details.
Canon Collins Trust offers the scholarships for study at the following universities:
- King’s College, London
- University of Sussex
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Leeds
- University of Sheffield
- Queen Mary, University of London
- DICE at University of Kent
Worth of Awards
The awards cater for the following:
- Full tuition fees,
- A monthly stipend,
- A return economy flight,
- A settling-in allowance and other support whilst in the UK.
Please note that Canon Collins Trust does not currently fund PhD study in the UK; however they act as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be normally resident in southern Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time one-year taught master’s course at one of the above named universities.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field
How to Apply
- Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
- They are only accepting online applications for this scheme. When the scheme closes your forms will no longer be available to you. Please do not submit applications using old paper forms – these will not be processed.
Deadline: applications will close at 22:00 GMT on Sun, 3 March 2013.
For more information and to apply, check here